Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Issa Eggplant Pizza

So last night I was torn between two theoretical pies: do I use eggplant for a topping, or do I use baked ziti? Now, certain persons out there would say 'Fuck it. Use both.' In time, my friend. In time. I went with the eggplant, using pre-breaded Dominex Eggplant Cutlets. As per usual, I used Follow Your Heart Mozzarella, and this time around I got lazy and used the Giant brand pizza sauce. Still a solid sauce. I pre-heated the oven to 475, rolled out the dough, sauced it, cheesed it, then put the frozen cutlets on top, sauced them lightly, cheesed them lightly, threw that bad boy in d'oven for 25 minutes and bang, shit was on point. It was an excellent, excellent pie, coming out a lot better than I thought it would. The eggplant was perfect, the cheese was melted just right, the crust was done just right...you get the point. Intolerant rating=8 out of 10, and only because I don't like tooting my own horn. I definitely recommend trying this on your own, cause eggplant is where it's at. Stay hungry.



No comments:

Post a Comment